1. Wheels Wisdom takes my car to Authorised Dealerships or Multi Brand service centers. How is it different from me going there directly?
The difference is Technical expertise. Combine that with our Ethics, and you receive High Quality service at Honest prices. Add to it the fact that we don’t accept commissions from service centers, and that makes us a large customer at service centers, and not a ‘partner’. We’re paid by our customers (you) and not by service centers, in huge contrast to everyone else in the industry. We protect your interest using our Ethics and our Tech Expertise. See what works in your favour when you come to us:
- Extremely technical advisors, working on your side, slashing your bills to the maximum extent possible.
- Star performing Tech Advisors you usually hope will get assigned to you when you go to the service center yourself, now visit you – at your doorstep! We’ve hired the cream of the industry!
- Wheels Wisdom’s extreme focus on process adherence.
- Wheels Wisdom’s quality paranoia.
- Wheels Wisdom’s deep rooted belief that when it comes to Ethics, there can be no shades of grey.
- Entirely cash free managed car servicing experience.
- Pre-booking of service appointment at the service center.
- Technical advisor’s visit, careful pickup, elimination of unnecessary services, quality check, and careful return.
- We take over the hassles of technical and commercial back and forth with service centers.
We pick up vehicles from all over Bangalore.
2. How is Wheels Wisdom’s service different from the ‘pick up and drop’ facility offered by service centers?
Personalized, technical attention to your car. Our trusted Technical Advisor manages your car service, just like you would, making sure it gets the attention it needs. We’re on your side, working on behalf of you, something the dealer’s staff cannot do because of inherent conflict of interest. Most of our customers experience a reduction in their service costs as compared to when they used to get their cars serviced themselves, because of the way we don’t allow blind replacement of assemblies, and decline unnecessary value added services. Most importantly, you know your car is in safe hands with Wheels Wisdom. We’re not aggregators. Our staff are our own employees with expertise, and a passion for cars! Also see, How are we unique?
3. Does Wheels Wisdom accept commissions from service centers?
We do not expect, nor accept, any commissions from dealerships or service centers. We negotiate B2B prices with our vendors, and add our margins to our quotes. Our prices are transparent, and reflective of the quality and reliability we offer. We rate and score service centers purely on merit. On the other hand, our constant focus is to cut down on unnecessary replacements and value added services, and save money for our customers.
4. How does Wheels Wisdom’s service compare to other apps and similar services in the market?
Quality. There is simply no comparison of our quality levels, to anybody else’s in the market. We bring you quality and support better than Authorised Dealerships. Also, Ethics. Remember, there is no free lunch. Any other service that lures you with ‘free’ pickup and drop, charges commissions from service centers. Such services have an incentive to inflate your service bills, thereby increasing their commissions. Wheels Wisdom is driven by our core values of Technical Expertise, Quality, and Integrity. One look at our customer reviews will tell you why our customers love us. Also, Wheels Wisdom is not a ‘platform’ connecting customers to service centers with drivers ferrying cars up and down. Only our Technical Advisors drive your car, manage its service at the service center, and bring your car safe to your address. We do not employ drivers.
5. What kind of advisors carry out Wheels Wisdom service? Is my car safe with you?
Our advisors have a unique blend of technical expertise, experience, and professional training not seen anywhere else in the Indian car industry. Unlike the ‘pick up and drop’ service provided by service centers, where a junior technician or a driver is sent home, we send Technical Advisors. Our advisors understand every nuance of your service needs, and make sure everything gets done as it should. Our customers’ cars are precious to us. You will notice the extreme care with which we operate your car right from the word go! Your car is absolutely safe with us.
6. Why doesn’t Wheels Wisdom pick up cars over the weekend?
Our field team works Monday through Saturday, and our sales team works on Sundays as well! We don’t pick up cars on weekends because dealerships and service centers are overwhelmed on weekends. They’re so crowded, that there is usually no space even to turn the cars around! They simply cannot provide the kind of attention we insist on for our cars on those two days. Your car receives the right amount of attention it deserves on weekdays.
7. What if there’s an accident on the way to the service center or on the way back home?
Only our employees (Technical Advisors) drive your car to the service center, and our employees are trained extensively to drive your vehicle extremely carefully. In spite of all care, in the unfortunate event of an accident, Wheels Wisdom will get the vehicle restored to the original condition as it was at the time of pick up, using the registered owner’s comprehensive insurance policy. Any difference amount between what the insurance policy pays for and what is actually paid at the service center will be borne by Wheels Wisdom. Loss of NCB (No Claim Bonus) is also compensated by Wheels Wisdom. The facility at which such repair will be carried out will be determined by Wheels Wisdom. But please rest assured, we rarely run into such situations, and are extremely conscious of the trust our customers place in us. Whatever happens, we will ensure we retain your trust. That’s a Wheels Wisdom promise!
8. When does my car need periodic service?
We like to keep it simple for our customers. Your car needs periodic service if:
1. You drove > 10000 kms since the last service, or
2. It has been a year since your last service [No, forget about the six months interval. You’ll be fine :-)]*
*The only exception to this rule is if your car is under warranty. In that case, strictly follow the manufacturer mandated service interval to ensure validity of warranty.
9. What tyre pressure should I maintain after an upsize?
Pressure = Force / Surface area of contact. Consequently, Force = Pressure X Surface area of contact.
In our context, ‘Force’ is the force exerted by the car on the tyres downward, due to the car’s mass pulled downward by the acceleration due to gravity. Per Newton’s third law, the tyres also exert an equal and opposite force on the car (upward).
After the upsize, the Surface area of contact increases due to a wider tyre. However, you will want the upward force exerted by the tyres on the car to stay constant, to maintain ride quality. So what do you do? Decrease the air pressure by 2 or 3 psi, or even upto 5 psi, per your liking!
10. Do your prices include GST?
All our prices are displayed exclusive of GST to give visibility to our customers as to exactly how much we receive, after paying taxes to the Government. GST @ 18% is automatically applied at the time of checkout.
11. To which service center will my car be taken?
After receiving your paid order, we assign a service center based on proximity and merit (service center’s quality record with us). Please note that it is not possible to determine service center location prior to receiving your paid order, as the assignment is made using parameters specified in your order. You can rest assured that every service center we go to meets our standards with respect to quality of equipment, labor, and parts. Moreover, work is carried out under our control, and we are customers to the service centers.
12. Can I drop my car at your service center?
For your convenience, Wheels Wisdom will pick up the car from your doorstep, get it serviced or repaired, and bring the car back to your doorstep as well. We do not have a process by which we can receive your vehicle at any of our service centers, if you bring it yourself. Also, we do not own service centers. We take your car to the right service center, where we are customers. Ownership of the entire process, end to end, allows us to give you the best service experience!
13. Can I accompany you to the service center?
While we understand your anxiety in dealing with us for the first time, we need you to trust us. We are customers at the service center, and we treat your car as ours. Presence of the vehicle owner at the service center creates confusion as to who is in charge, and hampers our work. We would like you to stay home or at work, and trust us. Your trust is our most valuable asset, and we are cognizant of it at all times.
14. Can I book a service appointment over the phone?
Service appointments can only be booked online, via our website, together with online payment. This is because our booking process requires a reasonable amount of detail regarding the car as well as regarding your preferences, and humans taking this information over the phone will make it error prone. You’re most welcome to call us for clarifications or for queries you may have with regard to your upcoming booking.
15. When is the next available appointment? Where can I see it?
Appointment dates are updated in real time on our website. All you have to do is click on your preferred booking option. Every booking page has a clickable calendar, which shows appointment availability in real time. Dates in full green blocks mean they are available. Dates in partial green and red mean the date is available, but filling fast. Dates in full red blocks mean they are completely booked and not available.
16. Why do I have to make any payment upfront? I’m used to paying only after service is completed.
All Wheels Wisdom appointments require payment. This is done to ensure only serious customers are able to book an appointment.